(File modified October 24, 2020 12:18 pm)
(Content modified August, 2020)
Michael J. Hannah, Los Ranchos, NM.
My web site exists to contain web pages in three categories:
1. Information about The Master Genealogist™ (TMG) software
Notice: On July 29, 2014, Bob Velke,
I have been a long-time user of TMG and over twenty years have collected information about this software which I have found of use. Now that the features of this software are frozen, I am posting this information in hopes that others, like myself, who intend to continue to use it for many years may find these notes useful. The following web documents I have written about TMG are posted on this site:
• An on-line book describing “My Way” of customizing TMG based on its final version.
A brief Introduction describes the content and scope of the over 500 pages of my notes about how TMG functions and how I choose to use it. (Content modified November, 2020)
• A list of “Bugs” which I have encountered in the final version of the now-frozen TMG software.
This web page identifies behavior which I have encountered, consider to be errors or at least extremely unexpected behavior, and believe are still present in the final Version 9.05 of TMG™. Since any TMG program behavior now will remain unmodified I have tried to identify reasonable "workarounds" for each issue. (Content modified: October, 2020)
There is a short Introduction which describes the nature of the list. The detailed Table of Contents lists a short title of all bugs I have identified, and can be used to quickly jump to the description and workaround of any bug of interest.
• A web page separately describing GEDCOM Export used to be posted, but I no longer create this separate extract document for several reasons:
• The information is still available and kept more current within the Import/Export chapter of the “My Way” book. See especially the section focused on GEDCOM Export. (Content modified October, 2020)
• Several genealogy software programs now do a (nearly) complete import of the TMG data by directly accessing the TMG database files. This is generally much preferred and retains more data over first exporting TMG to GEDCOM then importing that file to the program.
• In anticipation of the end of TMG development, Version 9.04 added an Enhanced GEDCOM Export option which is described in the internal HELP pages of that and the final TMG version.
• Finally, while the above TMG enhanced export option in my opinion is a significant improvement over the earlier and still default standard export, as of 2019 there is another option. If export to GEDCOM is required, I strongly suggest the commercial program TMG to GEDCOM© by John Cardinal first announced in 2019 (five years after TMG ceased development). That program, with subsequent improvements and updates since then, is described among TMG companion products in the Style chapter. I believe it is the best and most complete way available to export a TMG Version 9.04 or 9.05 project. However, if one only has an earlier version of TMG, then I suggest reviewing my Import/Export chapter mentioned above for issues concerning TMG’s export to GEDCOM.
2. Genealogy concerning my four parental ancestral lines
I intend to include on this site four genealogy sites describing my four ancestral lines which focus on the Sark, Richards, Harrigan, and Hannah surnames. These are not yet posted but are works-in-progress. I continue to record my genealogical data using The Master Genealogist™ software and the resulting web pages of that genealogical data for these lines are being generated using John Cardinal’s Second Site© program. When posted I intend that they will not include living persons, sensitive information or copyrighted images.
3. My experiences with Sporadic Inclusion Body Myositis (IBM)
I have only begun to post pages in a separate section of web pages about IBM. Over time I intend to post further pages as I learn to live with this degerative medical condition.
• The Alinker® as a rollator for IBM
(Why I modified it and use it that way) (Content updated: November, 2020)
I do not warrant in any way that my web pages mentioned here are accurate or useful, and any use of them is at the user’s own risk.
These documents were composed with Adobe® Framemaker 2019® using its hyperlink and "Save as HTML" conversion features.
©MJH Consulting, 1996-2020. All rights reserved.